An easy, light hearted discussion about recycling news and topics. Geared to motivate readers to help keep our planet green and healthy for our future generations.
A Liter of Light
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I find this absolutely amazing. This is a perfect example of necessity being the mother of invention. Recycling a plastic bottle helps keep our planet healthy and creates a new product or in this case it changes lives.
The recycling markets have been in the spotlight lately for being in a tough spot and that's good because they are. Fuel & oil prices as well as the state of foreign markets play a large role in the current state of recycling and material recovery facilities but the single largest obstacle that MRF's battle every day is contamination. The best part about this is that unlike fuel prices and foreign markets the people recycling have a direct hand in this and can change it. I think for the most part, we are all pretty bright people who have come to understand that recycling is important for the future of our planet yet the results are still so ugly, why?? Recycling is confusing! It's not so much that the process itself is all that complex but there are just so many variables. 1. The numbers on the bottom of the bottles aren't always a true indicator of what the bottle is made of (at least completely). There is no real "ruling body" that sets regula...
No one enjoys taking responsibility when things go wrong. We are all eager to determine why a failure doesn't lie solely on our shoulders or why it's not our fault at all. Blame shifting is a common practice and phrase thrown around in our home. "Well, if she didn't ...then I wouldn't have ... " "If he wasn't didn't say ... then I wouldn't have said ..." Although the blame-shifting technique is prohibited in our family, it still finds its way into many unfortunate situations. Why does it matter? Taking pers onal responsibility helps to ensure the same thing doesn't happen again (and again and again). Situations usually have multiple actors that could all play essential parts in prevention, but what's important is that each player knows their role and how they can personally correct it. You are only able to control yourself, and sometimes, that proves difficult. This is such a basic and juvenile conversation that it would see...
Holding way too much in my arms and hands, not a finger to spare (I am a huge fan of the lazy man's load - as my husband always tells me), I try to use my foot as the lever to open the door in front of me. After the first few failed attempts I struggle to shift the weight of the many overflowing items in my arms and reach with my elbow. Somehow, almost unexpectedly the door abruptly swings open, I lose the disheveled balance of every item that I was haphazardly clinging to, and one by one they crash to the ground. "Stupid door" is my immediate and gut response. As I look back and chuckle (now), how did I not think that would happen, how can I call anything but my actions "stupid"? Despite my newfound clarity, after the fact, it is so hard in the moment to recognize that our own decisions are often what lead to unfavorable outcomes. Frustration, disappointment, embarrassment, and sometimes fear (during larger mishaps) take over and we feverously search for a...
Comments
Post a Comment