Whatever you do..

Don't eat the yellow snow!



I just read an article in Waste and Recycling News about a ski resort in Arizona using sewage effluent as their primary water source to make snow. I am obviously all about recycling, reusing, compost, natural fertilization (I guess) and skiing. I'm just not sure that I want to take a big spill on this mountain, especially the kind of spill that involves snow going everywhere (inclusive of your mouth).

When the resort first fired up it's new "recycled water" machines the snow came out yellow. The representative from the resort stated the source of the yellow snow was really from some residual rust in the pipes and not the recycled water. I just wanted to throw a blanket warning out there .. no matter where you are.. no matter what you are doing.. don't eat the yellow snow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling Education

Confusion

Great Question - Response to Reader Question