True Green 3.0

Okay, so I have to admit, I didn't give much thought to the first title and it's getting a bit old. Nonetheless, as promised here is another ingredient that you should try to avoid in your bath, skin or beauty products. I just came across this particular one in a brand of children's shampoo that was about to go on my son's precious head. I have become an avid label reader and this particular product was sold to me as natural .. hmmm.
 
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES): Detergents and surfactants that pose serious health threats. Used in car washes, garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers and 90 percent of personal-care products that foam. Animals exposed to SLS experienced eye damage, depression, labored breathing, diarrhea, severe skin irritation–even death. SLS may also damage skin’s immune system by causing layers to separate, inflame and age

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-toxic-12-beauty-ingredients.html#ixzz1iWVR4aug

It is amazing to me the amount of ingredients that are considered unhealthy but frequently show up in products that are intended to be put on our skin or particularly our children's skin. I can't help but wonder.. was this stuff always out there or is this the reason that almost every person knows someone who is or has battled cancer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling Education

Great Question - Response to Reader Question

Confusion