I can see clearly now..

Another post started with a song.. here's to hoping that it will stick in your mind all day long. You can thank me later.



Friday morning I finally had the pleasure of having lasik completed on both my eyes. I had been wanting to do it for years but with my two children coming fairly close together and the requirements involved I had to wait. I was excited and couldn't wait for the day I would be free of glasses and contacts but I was oh so nervous. I doubted my ability to stay still and the pain I imagined was immense. I had family and friends go before and all raved about the results but I still had worries of my own. I had witnessed the results and heard the testimony but I still worried what if things didn't go right?

Obviously the idea of losing sight is significantly scarier than the idea I'll be tying this into (recycling/composting/being kind to our planet). "New" environmental programs do not have quite the repercussions but they are still scary sometimes. It's scary as a person with authority or a person with a bit of influence to stick your neck out and offer up a solution that is different. You may have heard people raving about the results and companies bragging about their accomplishments but who wants to set themselves up for possible failure?

Failure is always a possibility. Things might not go right and tweaking may be required. If you don't try the potential for failure is much less but as I'm staring at my crystal clear screen typing (with no corrective lenses); I'm confident that sometimes it's worth it. The tricky part is that when it comes to our planet and the future of our children our lack of preservation is a failure, and doing nothing means a lot more than having to stick it out with annoying glasses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling Education

Great Question - Response to Reader Question

Confusion